People without coronavirus symptoms in Liverpool are being urged to get tested, with no need to book, as the city’s mass testing operation continues.
Up to now, it has only been people with symptoms of covid-19 that have been asked to be tested.
The recognised symptoms of this are a continuous cough, high temperature of loss or change to their sense of smell and taste.
However, some people are asymptomatic which means they have the virus, but display no symptoms.
There is clearly a risk that if asymptomatic people mix with others they could spread the virus without being aware they’re doing so.
If these people get tested and the result is positive, it means they can immediately self-isolate, and it is hoped that this will then drive down levels of Covid-19 in our communities.
If you want to be part of this new trial, you must go to one of the test centres that offer Lateral Flow Tests.
With these tests, you get your results within a relatively short space of time – in most cases, under an hour.
And you don’t need to book, in fact people are being encouraged to just turn up at their nearest new testing centre.
Receive newsletters with the latest news, sport and what’s on updates from the Liverpool ECHO by signing up here.
Keep up to date with crime in your local area by using your postcode below
But where can you get tested?
If you are asymptomatic (without symptoms) you can get tested at the following locations which will be open from 7am to 7pm each day:
· Aintree Baptist Church, Longmoor Lane, L9 0EH
· Bridge Community Centre, Daneville Road, L4 9RG
· Croxteth Sports Centre, Altcross Road, L11 0BS
· Exhibition Centre Liverpool, Kings Dock, L3 4FP
· Greenbank Sports Academy, Greenbank Lane, L17 1AG
· Lifestyles Alsop Fitness Centre, 1 Walton Village, L4 6RW
· Lifestyles Austin Rawlinson, Conleach Road, Speke, L24 0TR
· Lifestyles Ellergreen, Ellergreen Road, L11 2XY
· Liverpool FC Anfield Stadium, L4 0TH
· Lifestyles Garston, Long Lane, L19 6PE
· Lifestyles Park Road, Steble Street, L8 6QH
· Lifestyles Walton, Walton Hall Park, L4 9XP
· Liverpool Hope University Sports Centre, Hope Park, Taggart Avenue, L169JD
· Liverpool Tennis Centre, Wellington Road, L15 4LE
· LJMU IM Marsh Sports Centre, Holmefield Road, L19 3PE
· Merseyside Caribbean Centre, Amberley Street, Toxteth, L8 1YJ
· St Stephen’s Church Hall, Belle Vale Rd, L25 2PQ
· St Johns Market, Liverpool city centre
· University of Liverpool gym, Bedford Street North, L69 7ZN
While there is no need to bool, you can use this real time map before you visit a centre which lets you see how busy the centres are.
There is of course also testing for people with symptoms. It is essential that people who have symptoms do not to attend the pilot test centres.
Instead, if you do have Covid-19 symptoms you will need to go to a mobile testing unit. To access these test centres, you will need to book your test via the online NHS test check.