The 38-year-old Olympian boxer was forced to pull out of the show after her professional dancing partner Katya Jones tested positive for coronavirus this week.
Although fans were hoping that Nicola could possibly return to the show next year due to the unprecedented circumstances, it appears that her time on Strictly is done.
BBC bosses have said that the star cannot return to the show “in the future” because she would have an “unfair advantage” over other contestants.
Loose Women star Andrea McLean shared a statement from Strictly bosses on Friday’s show.
The report claimed that Nicola could not return to the show because she had already engaged in live performances.
“We announced before the series stated if anyone tested positive from COVID they’d be out of the competition.
“If someone has to miss a week it’s called a bye and everyone gets one bye. But contestants are not allowed to miss more than one week.
“They’re not allowed to re-enter the competition after they’ve taken part in the first episode.”
Eagle-eyed fans have been quick to point out that Made In Chelsea star Jamie Laing had been given a second chance by Strictly bosses after missing out on the show last year due to an injury.
However, the statement confirmed: “Jamie (Laing) was allowed back because he was injured before he began training and appeared on the show.
“Nicola can’t come back because she will have an unfair advantage in the future as she’s now had weeks of training.”
The sport star will not be allowed to appear in Strictly’s Christmas special, but viewers will be able to hear her thoughts on the unfortunate series of events as she’s set to make an appearance on spin-off show It Takes Two when her isolation period ends.
Nicola said on Wednesday that she was ‘gutted’ and ‘devastated’ that her time on Strictly has been cut short.
Strictly Come Dancing returns this Saturday at 8pm on BBC One.